- Exercise – strength, balance and fitness training. Both 1:1 with a therapist and exercises you can continue with yourself.
- Mobility – we will assess your walking then work on the specific parts you find difficult. We can also give you advice about walking aids and splints (see FES, orthotic prescription and equipment prescription).
- Arm Function – this can be 1:1 sessions with a therapist and a home exercises programme working on co-ordination, flexibility and strength and practicing specific activities you may have difficulty with.
- Pilates – is an exercise technique that strengthens your core muscles (muscles around your middle) to improve your strength, stability and balance.
- Muscle Stiffness and Tone Management – this includes stretching programs, splint provision and liaison with Doctors regarding medical management.
- FES – Functional Electrical Stimulation is a technique that applies electrical pulses to paralysed muscles to improve their function.
- Equipment Prescription – we are registered to provide equipment through the Ministry of Health and ACC if you are eligible or we can offer you advice if you wish to privately purchase it.
- Orthotic Prescription – we can assess you for the provision of splints/orthotics and refer you to the orthotics service if required.
- Moving and Handling Training and Advice